Herbal Medicine: Back to the Future compiles expert reviews on the application of herbal medicines (including Ayurveda, Chinese traditional medicines and alternative therapies) to treat different ailments. The book series demonstrates the use of sophisticated methods to understand traditional medicine, while providing readers a glimpse into the future of herbal medicine.
This volume presents reviews of traditional Chinese medicine and other plant based therapies useful for treating different cancers. The topics included in this volume are:
- Herbal extracts from Carica papaya and Azadirachta
- Natural antimutagens
- Encapsulated polyphenols and other anticancer compounds derived from plants
- Traditional Chinese medicine treatments for cancer related fatigue
- Ayurvedic anticancer herbal medicines
- Melanocyte regeneration through herbal medicine
This volume is essential reading for all researchers in the field of natural product chemistry and pharmacology. Medical professionals involved in oncology who seek to improve their knowledge about herbal medicine and alternative therapies will also benefit from the contents of the volume.