INTERNATIONAL ENDODONTIC JOURNAL, cilt.27, ss.163-167, 1994 (SCI İndekslerine Giren Dergi)
Sodium hypochlorite (NaOCl), is the most popular irrigation solution used in root canal treatment but it is known to be an irritant to vital tissues. There have been many case reports dealing with toxic effects of this material. Although the allergic potential of NaOCl has been described in the medical literature, only one case of known hypersensitivity to NaOCl has been reported in the dental literature. In this paper a case is presented, describing both local and systemic adverse tissue reactions, caused by an allergic response, after NaOCl irrigation.