The circular-shaped altar, located east of the Hellenistic Apollo Klarios temple, is covered over by an Early Archaic altar with a semicircular base, and by another altar with a rectangular base dating to the Late Archaic period. These three altars of different shapes were built over each other and were in use from 1100-1050 BC throughout the Archaic period. From the altar which has been determined due to its preserved structure as circular-shaped, Submycenaean, Protogeometric and Geometric material have been retrieved. The inner section of the altar in particular has yielded homogeneous Submycenaean and Protogeometric material such as pottery, figurines and metal finds; among these, cups of varying forms and properties of clay and glaze, dating to the Submycenaean and all stages of the Protogeometric period, are recovered. In this study about the significance of the cups for the Klarian Protogeometric repertoire, the subject has not been confined only to the classification of forms, but the importance of this group of material for the chronology of the Early Iron Age in Klaros and Ionia is also emphasized.