BRITISH DENTAL JOURNAL, cilt.205, ss.547-550, 2008 (SCI İndekslerine Giren Dergi)
This report describes a case of immediate hypersensitivity reaction associated with the mercury component of amalgam restorations. The release of mercury induced an acute reaction which resulted in erythematous lesions, severe burning and itchy sensation and difficulty in breathing. Skin patch test results indicated a very strong positive reaction to mercury. Amalgam restorations were replaced with composite filling material. The patient, her family and her dental practitioner were strictly advised to use alternative restorative materials in case of a need for restoration.